Friday, May 29, 2009

Back in the saddle.....

This is a picture of what my day looks like.




To the untrained eye that is a grouping of things that seem totally unrelated and they are....the only common thread is that I had to remove them all from my purse to photograph them on my desk at work. Things are slow here. I have a sneaking suspicion that I may be in line at the unemployment office soon. Until I actually get that news officially I am in the office and waiting for something to happen. In the meantime I have to find ways to entertain myself. The book is next month's book club selection. I'm on page 130 and I would recommend My Sister's Keeper to anyone who is looking for a quick read. The fabric, needles and the orange pancake thing are supplies to make fabric yo-yos. I have posted about these before and this is what I am going for here:



Image and inspiration from Heather Bailey.


I plan to make this out of the yo-yos.

Image from Allsorts. S. jealous that she found this at a garage sale.


The orange pancake is actually a very handy tool for making yo-yos. Sandwich your fabric between the two plates and do a running stitch around the edges using the little notched provided and you have a yo-yo in about 3 minutes.


I have a tendency to walk away from projects half way through so we'll see how much I actually get done.

No comments: