Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Worth a thousand words

Recently I deleted my Myspace profile. Shocking I know. I am now one of about three Americans under the age of 30 who does not have a page. Upon deleting my page an old high school friend (who was on my friends list) called me and we had the following conversation:

Brad: So you deleted you page huh?
Me: Yep.
Brad: Why?
Me: I was sick of it. I was spending too much time on it at work.
Brad: You know its probably a good thing.
Me: Yeah I think so...wait why do you think its good?
Brad: I could hardly look at your page. It made me a little sick to my stomach.
Me: [stunned silence]
Brad: Hello? Can you hear me now?
Me: WTF? Why did my page make you sick? Was it too pink and flowery? Cause I thought it was cute.
Brad: No it was your profile pic.
Me: My profile pic? Aren't you over reacting a little?
Brad: No. You had someones shoe in your mouth. You don't know where that has been.
Me: In fact I do. They came directly out of the box about 15 minutes before we piled into the limo where this picture was taken. You are such a drama queen.
Brad: Still its gross.
Me: I could charge money on some websites for people to look at that picture.
Brad: Gross.

We did a little more back and forth on the topic of foot fetishes. We never reached an agreement on the picture in question. Personally I maintain my stance that the shoes were minutes old and I probably had enough alcohol in my system to sterilize surgical instruments. Brad however disagrees and now finds me to be a repulsive individual.

But I will allow you to be the judge.



2 comments:

L Sass said...

Oh, yeah... that photo is disgusting... Sure.

WHAT?

Some people are squeamish about the weirdest things!

Aimee said...

I'm thinking you are totally working too hard since you haven't updated in two months....and you now have a new myspace. hahaha!