Thursday, August 23, 2007

Look Ma! I'm literate!

Subject in Question:




I picked this book up about a week ago on the off chance that I would absorb a little culture. Also I needed to balance out the Harry Potter Overload (HPO). HPO is a frame of mind that is not unlike those that watch too much Star Trek or Lord of the Rings. Recently I was so engrossed in the the world at Hogwarts that in the morning when I would get dressed for work I would look in the mirror and make this observation "I look cute and all, but I need are black robes and a wand. Then I would look perfect.". After devising ways that I could give myself the the signature lightening bolt scar I decided that something had to be done. I. Must. Read. Something. Else.

That was when I picked up this book. It seemed light and easy to read. Exactly want I needed. I have to say that Entre Nous was not life changing but it was an interesting read. If you know a lot about French culture then I am sure this book would be elementary. However for those like me it fits the bill if you are interested in an overview of French women and what makes them special.

On a scale of 1-10 I would give Entre Nous a 6.

2 comments:

L Sass said...

Personally, I think you could totally rock black robes and a wand. Try it!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.