Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Updates in the life and times of...well...me

I have been MIA for a bit here. And I would like to say its because I have had so much going on that I have not had a chance to post. But I would be lying. And I am not good at lying. As a child I always got caught and eventually learned that it is better to tell the truth. So the truth is that I am boring and simply re-reading my last entries will tell you exactly what life has been like lately.

I am still swimming and working out after work. I lost another three pounds bringing my total to 14 pounds lost. I am giving myself a little pat on the back. 14 pounds make a difference in how clothing fits and I am happy to say my work pants are feeling a little more comfortable.

Went to visit my mom over the weekend. We went shopping and mom bought me the cutest dress I have ever seen in my life and will I eventually post a picture as soon as I a wear it. But the most significant thing about the weekend was my sister. She spent the whole weekend with us. She was happy and pleasant and generally nice to be around. It made me think back to a couple of years ago when she was running away, making bad life decisions, and flat out mean sometimes. This weekend made me realize how much I missed her and how happy I am to have the baby sister I remember back. Her most recent relationship ended while I was there and it was painfully obvious that she was hurt and hurt bad. It instantly made me want to go beat the little bastard up Godfather style....break my sisters heart and I break your knees.

My other sister who has been living in Taipei, Taiwan for the last year was offered a job in Istanbul, Turkey. She will be living over seas for another year. I am incredibly happy for her and I am excited to see her when she is home to renew her VISA. I would love to visit her but a flight costs like $2500 and takes 28 hours. Who knows, maybe I'll win the lottery and be able to afford a nice long vacation. [Mental note: Must remember to actually play the lotto]

Had the last of my cavities filled this morning and had impressions made for bleaching trays (insert fun gagging noise here). Next up bleaching my teeth and then replacing the crowns. I have to say that I am looking forward to a pretty new smile. On my way to work (post dental appointment) I stopped to get gas and I was feeling pretty damn good about myself when a guy started to talk me up while I was at the pump, but it turned out that he only wanted to sell me car wax.

One last thing and I think the internet is up to speed on my life. I am headed to Chicago at the end of next month. Its a 27th birthday gift to myself. An old high school friend is living out there attending grad school so I will be staying with him and seeing the sights, eating my weight in Chicago style pizza, and maybe driving by Harpo Studios a few hundred times to maybe catch a glimpse of Oprah herself.

Okay folks, I'm out....must get busy pretending to work

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, 14 pounds is awesome! I'm sure I'll be able to see the difference when I see you at Bunco on Friday.

L Sass said...

Congrats on the 14 pounds!

Your sisters sound awesome--how great that your younger sis is back on track, and your other sis sounds like quite an adventurer!

My sister is in Namibia right now, so I can definitely appreciate the wanderlust... but it's still hard to be far away!

Marianne said...

Super congrats on your weightloss. And also, it's good to hear that your younger sister is finding her way.

And um - Chicago?? YAY!

Julie said...

Dude.
Tapei? Istanbul?
Those are places I could never imagine living. That's pretty cool stuff.

Also- I saw a lot of tube tops this week in FL. And yes, they were on COPS again.

::wink wink::

Anonymous said...

Wow! You're doing such an awesome job.... give me some of your weight loss tips. I'm stuck at a stale point, it's driving me bonkers!

If only flights weren't so expensive. :(

Julie said...

::KNOCK KNOCK::

HELLO!!!!!