Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Do I really need my teeth?

In the long run I probably do need my teeth. However I seriously debated their importance this morning.

You guessed it, I just got back from a dental appointment. And I received some fairly bad news.


But first a little back story:

I have bad teeth I was born with bad teeth. I was actually born with some sort of defect that kept me from forming some of my adult teeth. Years of dental work later I am the proud owner of no less than two rather large bridges cemented into my lower jaw. I hate them with a passion. I have had them for about 7 years and they really have been nothing but a giant pain in my ass.

Fast forward to today:

One of the two bridges needs to be replaced. Mentally I am kissing my Christmas Bonus good bye. But also some of the cosmetic dentistry that are on my front teeth need to be redone plus I have a cavity and one tooth that will probably need a root canal down the road. As the dentist was pointing all this stuff out on the new fangled digital x-ray voo-doo magic thing they have I asked if he could just rip all my lower teeth out and fit me for dentures. I think he suppressed the urge to knock me up side the head and replied that unless I was a hockey player that he would not fit anyone under the age of 30 for prosthetic teeth.

Anyone know of a good hockey training facility (a.k.a ice rink (ring?)) in the greater Sacramento area? But more importantly do they make pink ice skates? Cause nothing says serious ass kicking girl hockey player like pretty pink skates.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, am sorry for the bad teeth news. That sucks butt.

I am usually okay teeth-wise (touch wood) but no matter HOW good I am about dental hygiene, whenever I visit the dentist he finds multiple cavities. WTF?

Marianne said...

ACK! Dental pain!! I'm such a freaky-nut-job when it comes to teeth stories. I think it's from going to a sadistic orthodontist for so many years.

By the way, I loved the saucy Vegas tank tops from the previous post. (I'm so slow.)

Anonymous said...

Keep your teeth. Dentures just aren't sexy...