Monday, April 2, 2007

Email Philosophy

Aimee and I had a conversation this morning (via email of course). Regarding dieting and weight. Namely Weight Watchers(WW). Aimee and I started WW together. We went to our first meeting in the beginning of January. I would like to say that it was not a New Years resolution and it was just bad timing, but the truth is that I am lame like that and thought that I should start 2007 off fat and end it skinny. At first I was ready and rearing to go. I was counting points left and right. Drinking so much water I feared my kidneys would shut down. But about three weeks and negative 6 pounds into it I dropped out. Aimee on the other hand has stuck with it and is doing wonderfully (negative 25 pounds and counting). She fell off the wagon this weekend and sent me this email:

"Yeah. I was pretty bad this weekend. ::sigh::
I don’t understand why I don’t just do it. I mean, it works when I do it – so why not follow it? Grrr."

My response was this:

"Because food is so yummy. That is why. I get so tired of always thinking about food and analyzing and keeping track that something snaps and I eat an entire can of frosting."

My response struck a cord, I wrote that meaning to sound sarcastic. But it sparked one of those moments of clarity where the clouds part and the birds sing. That frame of mind is exactly why I have gained 50 pounds over the last 3 years.

I don't want to get deep into my metal well being or lack there of. If I were to write down my thoughts of aforementioned weight gain the seemingly endless rants would leave you (my one reader, Aimee) researching the benefits of snorting Zoloft.

6 comments:

Aimee said...

You know, sometimes I really think that wandering around life in a happy zoloft moment, and not feeling anything (happy or sad) may be preferential.

::sigh::

Domestic Goddess in Training said...

Now, do you eat the enitre can of frosting out of spite or without realizing it? I think I do both.

Horrible Warning said...

Emily has raised the blogging bar (love the name of the blog, BTW) and now I have to stop writing shit.

Aw crap.

Welcome to the blogosphere, girly. I am linking to you now, too.

I'll let you decide if that is a good thing.

Horrible Warning said...

Oh, and a whole can of frosting?

What's wrong with that?

Nicole P. said...

I don't know about frosting but I know a container of Ben & Jerry's has gone missing in one sitting once or twice that I know of.

Just sayin'.

And hi!

Alyndabear said...

I am a new stalker from Aimee's website - hi Emily! :) Bloody weight, why the hell can't we all be the same damn size and just to HELL with it all!

Hi! I'm Aly! I'm normal!

And ACK! Make it so we can all post. Google sucks butt.